Just when we thought we could return to some form of club activity we are faced with rising infection rates and new regulations from Government which rightly seek to protect our fellow citizens.
The reduction in numbers allowed to meet in groups and closure of many indoor activities now means that our Art Club cannot now continue with its limited ‘activity’. I think you will agree that it is now not possible to continue with our planned meetings (all under previous guidance) and we go once again into a mothball state!
I will outline what we now face – bearing in mind that we are subject to new restrictions until at least Christmas 2020 – and try and give pointers to the future.
1. Our October AGM and talk is now cancelled and we currently have NO plans for a next meeting date. We do of course have a booked monthly programme to ‘reactivate’ as and when we are allowed to do so.
2. We have tried to hold our AGM twice and it is now proposed to postpone this until May 2021 – where we will be required to hold TWO AGM’s for 2020 and 2021!
In the meantime your current Committee will continue to serve.
3. Our 2020 Annual Exhibition is scheduled to take place commencing in January 2021, this will remain so subject to the ongoing availability of the Hartlepool Art Gallery – the Gallery reopened to the public last week with a maximum capacity of 50 at any one time.
Goodness knows what limitations may be available come January.
4. Your subscriptions for 2020/21 remain at £25, however as previously announced, Committee agreed a minimum payment of £15 was deemed acceptable as a minimum payment to retain ongoing membership.
Can I take this opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to those members who have continued to pay the full fee.
5. Your Committee was due to reconvene in person for a second time, courtesy of Liz Littlefair at Home Farm, Hart however these meetings too are now cancelled but will continue in a remote manner via email and/or Zoom.
6. The additional activities including the young persons’ Dabble club, the Salvation Army painting days and the Causeway ‘ Drink and Draw’ are also suspended.
However as long as the Golden Lion remains open then we will continue with regular changeovers of Members artwork. Sue Osbon will keep Members informed by Newsletter.
I trust that this circular helps to put current arrangements into perspective and gives some hope for the future from what are certainly unprecedented times.
If you have any queries and burning questions about your Club, do not hesitate to email me.
In the meantime please keep safe and keep painting!
Club Chairman on behalf of your Committee.